Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My Christmas To-Dos


As it is the first week of December, I figured I should get all my thoughts together and make a short list of what I wish to do before the month is over!  (And because I'm publishing it on here, maybe that somehow makes me accountable...)  Is it just me, or does December fly by?  I always have these grand plans for the holiday seasons, and all of a sudden, it's February...

One of the things I've always wanted to do is go out in the middle of the night while it's snowing.  Now, I'm not going to subject myself to blustering winds and blizzards, but I'd love to go out at midnight during the flurries.  Let's just cross our fingers that it actually snows this year!  There's something magical about being outside and looking at the stars in the middle of the night.  I used to do it all the time with my friends when I was younger, but I never did it while I was snowing.  New goal!

Do you ever have those visions of drinking hot chocolate (for me, it's always hot chocolate) while reading a book in front of a fire?  You're all cozy and wrapped up like a little burrito with big fluffy socks, and the snow is falling down outside.  The crackling of the fireplace is comforting as you turn the page.  Ah, how romantic.  I always picture myself doing this, but I always get sidetracked, and it never happens.  Even if it's only for an hour, I need to do this!

If there's one thing I'm good at doing (besides blowing all my money to feed my beauty product addiction), it's making playlists.  Spotify is my best friend for this, and I have countless playlists for different occasions.  But there's one missing from my collection: a Christmas playlist!  I plan on including some newer songs, like Michael Buble's Christmas album, but I also need to include some songs from my childhood, like Hilary Duff's Santa Claus Lane and Faith Hill's Where Are You Christmas.  My wonderful mother also bought me a 2-CD album called Carols for a Cure, and it's filled with a ton of Broadway casts singing holiday tunes!  I'm so excited to give that a listen.  Also, I have a confession: Celine Dion's Christmas album is my guilty pleasure during this time of year.

Every year, I make a gigantic mental list in my head of what holiday movies I'm going to watch.  Every single year, I never watch them all.  I'm going to really commit this year!  Some movies I absolutely can't live without are Elf, Year Without a Santa Claus, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Love Actually, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation,  and Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town.  My favorite holiday movie though is The Holiday, starring Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, Jack Black, and Jude Law.  

I'm actually going to commit to getting meaningful presents this year, too.  Each year, I manage to give one or two presents that I'm really happy about, but the rest are just those rushed presents, like random t-shirts.  The best kind of Christmas shopping is when you're not looking for presents - you just happen upon something and know that it's perfect for a certain someone.  I also like making presents - not necessarily making the entire thing, but taking a couple of products and arranging them in a creative way.  I love doing that with beauty things, like lipsticks and bath bombs.  My brother is always tough, though.  I never have any idea what to get him, because I think clothes are boring.  Suggestions, anyone?  The first present I bought is for my best friend here at school, who's also my roomie.  She's obsessed with Corgis and I found this hugely amazing and fluffy Corgi pillow from Modcloth.  I can't wait to see her open it!

Whoa, that was quite a lot of writing.  I want to know what you guys plan to do this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment