Wednesday, October 23, 2013

How to Look the Best at Everything: by Benefit




Hello there!  I've found one of the best kits you can buy when you're just starting out with makeup or if you want to try a range of Benefit's face products without buying the full-sized products: How to Look the Best at Everything (for some reason, I couldn't find this on Benefit's website, so here's the link for Sephora).  First of all, I've always been in love with Benefit's packaging, and this kit is not excluded from that!  The front looks like a little book, and then you open it to see all those face products!  Under the lid are instructions and tips for how to apply them, along with a mirror.  They even number the steps for you right on the packaging.  It comes in three versions: light, medium, and deep.

I've never tried any of Benefit's face products, so I thought this would be a perfect palette to try.  It was fairly inexpensive ($30), and it's not too large or bulky.  Now, let's get into the products, shall we?

First comes the POREfessional balm.  I use this as a primer, but it can be used on its own if you want light coverage.  I loved this product so much that I went out and bought a full size tube!  I have very large pores around my nose, and this does wonders to mask that.  My makeup also stays on longer.  The primers that I've used previously are clear, but this one is skin color.  I've found myself applying less foundation, because there's already a light layer of coverage on my face.  And less foundation means less time carefully applying it! 

After the primer comes the Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow liquid foundation.  It's light and airy, but still gives medium coverage.  It feels like there's almost nothing on my face, and I really love that!  It doesn't feel heavy or cakey.  That said, though, I wouldn't recommend this product if you're looking for a product with heavy coverage.  

Next is Boi-ing concealer.  I love how they give you two shades to mix and match to find the shade that perfectly matches your skin.  I use the darker shade around blemishes and discoloration and the lighter shade under my eyes and down my nose.  And sometimes I mix them, too!  I love how versatile these two shades can be.  On Benefit's website, this product is described as an "industrial strength" concealer.  I agree with them!  This is the first concealer I've tried that doesn't look flaky or cakey but still gives amazing coverage.  The one downside to this product is that you have to apply quite a lot to get that full coverage.  

And lastly comes the Hello Flawless! powder.  This locks in your foundation and concealer and keeps you from getting too shiny.  Plus, I use the shade Honey, and that name just makes me smile.  I apply this with a big fluffy powder brush, but I've applied it with the little brush provided in the kit for you as well.  It works great, but it just takes more time than that big fluffy brush.  What I love about this is that Benefit uses the same shades for the powder and the Oxygen Wow foundation.  So if you're a Honey in the foundation, you'll be a Honey in the powder, too!

All in all, I love this kit.  Some days I use every single product.  Other days, I just use the concealer. Most days, I mix and match.  But I always, always begin my makeup regimen with the POREfessional balm.  When I run out of the products in this kit, I probably will go out and buy them.  I'll definitely purchase that concealer stat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment