Thursday, November 21, 2013

Current Obsessions #5 | TV Version

I'm packing things up to take home for Thanksgiving already, so I thought that I would do a TV obsessions today instead of digging through my bags!  These are shows that I'm obsessed with at the moment, but I must warn you: I am a huge TV addict.  If there was a rehab for too much TV watching, I would need to go!  But it's how I like to spend my time.  


One of my many guilty pleasure shows: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (or RHOBH for those of us who don't want to say that long-ass name).  I've been a fan since it started, and the two new girls, especially Carlton, add a bit more to the show.  Yolanda is definitely my favorite!


WHO WATCHED LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE!?  WHAT, WHAT WHAT?!! If you guys haven't watched any seasons of American Horror Story, have no fear.  You can just catch up on this season, because the other seasons don't have anything to do with each other.  Although the first season is still proving my favorite, I love what they're doing with the now seemingly overdone concept of witches and magic that we seem to see everywhere these days.  They're breathing new life into a very old concept to make it interesting.  And the plot twists have you screaming at the television every single episode.  What I love about the show (well, besides Evan Peters) is that each episode is packed with action.  There aren't any filler episodes - every episode is important and contributes to the story.  


Misfits is one of those shows that has me laughing out loud all the time.  From Alex's power to tortoises to Rudy's calling Finn Finley, the show is always funny.  I can't describe how much I love Rudy.  Without him, I probably wouldn't be watching the last season of this wonderful show.  It makes me sad that no one from the first couple seasons remain, but I love this cast nonetheless.  I'm crushing a little bit on Alex From the Bar, I must confess.  


Dracula by Bram Stoker is one of my favorite books.  So when I heard that it was becoming a show, I felt a mixture of excitement and apprehension.  You're always nervous about how one of your favorite novels will get adapted to television or the movie screen.  But I was pleasantly surprised with this show.  I've always loved Jonathan Rhys Meyers, and I'm a huge Katie McGrath fan (even though I'm still getting used to her being blonde!).  I love how they kept the bones of Stoker's story but gave the show almost an entirely new storyline.  Yes, the concept is the same - it's all about a very old vampire - but the relationships and plotlines are different.  It always gives me a show to look forward to on Friday nights!


Million Dollar Shoppers is my ultimate guilty pleasure show.  There's just something so entertaining about it, from the shopper's personalities to the buyer's personalities to the outrageous closets.  I look forward to this every single Thursday!  So yes, after I finish writing this post, I will go put on my comfy pajamas and settle in to watch.  My favorite by far is Gregg.  I think he may be my soul sister.

I also have to give a shoutout to Sleepy Hollow, which I talked about last week!  I still have to watch Monday's episode!

What are your favorite shows of the moment?





No comments:

Post a Comment