Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Taking Care of Skin During School: A Study Guide

The week before Thanksgiving break is always pure hell for anyone in school.  The professors work together to jam as many tests and papers and all kinds of evaluations into this one week, resulting in many a stressed student.

It's so easy to let yourself get caught up in the stress and the all-nighters and completely forget about your skin (guilty!).  It's easy to go to bed without even taking your makeup off (also guilty!).  But you need to take care of your skin during this stressful time, because a stressed out you equals stressed out skin.  Without further ado, here's how I take care of my skin during this hellish week!

Let's face it: even though we may not have stressed out skin in the beginning of the week, we just know that it'll be stressed later.  So, be proactive!  Instead of using an acne spot treatment once a day, do it twice a day.  Spray some hydrating spray throughout the day that will also keep zits at bay (was that a rhyme?) - my favorite is Caudalie's Beauty Elixir.  Make sure you use a toner!  Use once a day, if not twice a day.  It'll balance out your skin tone, combat redness, and also keep breakouts from happening.  And it's time to break out that eye cream, especially the de-puffer!  We know we won't be getting much sleep this week.

And now the three most important things.  First, wash your face!  Cleanse in the morning and at night.  Second, take your makeup off!  If you do nothing else at all, take your makeup off.  For me, I don't see the effects of sleeping with my makeup on for a couple of days, but those breakouts last for a long time.  It's just not worth it.  All you need is a cleanse.  But a step further (which is oddly my favorite part of my nightly skincare routine) is using a cleansing water.  I actually like to use a cleansing water after I've washed my face, just to make sure that I've gotten the last bit of makeup off my face.  It's scary how much makeup can still be there even after you've cleansed!  My absolute favorite is Caudalie's Cleansing Water.  It smells so fresh and earthy.

Stay tuned for Part 2 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment